Welcome to the Gilmour Academy Learn-to-Skate Program. We believe physical activity is important in everyone's lives and we are excited to teach children how to get active while learning basic ice skating skills. Our goal is to help all students become aware of thier capabilities while participating in this activity. They will be encouraged to recognize the value of putting forth their best effort in pursuit of self improvement. Ice skating is a life sport to be enjoyed at any age.
- Group lessons are a fun way to learn basic skating skills.
- Each session includes a weekly 30 minute lesson, skate rental and up to an hour of free-skate time.
- There are Monday/Friday group lessons from 4-5 p.m. and Saturday group lessons from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Multiple levels are available to choose from, including: Snowplow Sam levels 1, 2, 3 and Basic Skils levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- There is a Winter Session and a Spring Session to choose from.
- Fees are $48 or $64 for Snowplow Sam; $72 or $96 fro Basic Skills; $12 for USFSA membership fee.
- For more information and to register, check out the Learn-to-Skate brochure or contact email@example.com.
After School Bus Registration
- Bus/van transportation from local schools to the Ice Arena is provided by Gilmour Academy.
- Each weekly session includes an after-school snack, a 30-minute group lesson, skate rental, one-way transportation to the Arena and up to an hour of free-skate time.
- Monday Sessions include pick ups from Gates Mills Elementary, Mayfield Middle School and St. Francis of Assisi.
- Friday Sessions include pick ups from Center School, Gates Mills Elementary, Lander Elementary and Millridge Elementary.
- Requests can be made for additional pick ups, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multiple levels are available to choose from, including: Basic Skills levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- There is a Winter Sessionand a Spring Session to choose from.
- Fees are $130 per session; $12 for USFSA membership fee.
- For more information and to register, check out the After School Bus brochure or contact email@example.com.
First Day of Skating Information
Please check out the First Day of Skating brochure for some helpful information and tips for participating in both the Learn-to-Skate and After School Bus programs.
Helmets are required for all individuals participating in our Learn-to-Skate and After School Bus programs. Please check out the Helmet Information brochure and Sample Helmet Page.
Please bring the following items for your child every session for the purposes of comfort and safety:
- Helmet (bicycle or outdoor sport)
- Gloves or mittens
- Long pants (no shorts or skirts permitted)
- Crew length or knee high socks (no ankle socks permitted)